Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Holding On To Jesus More"

I am trying to understand what is meant by "take no thought", because that is really hard to do! Oh, the ministries that I have seen ruined and put to waste for this very reason; in my own life also! So many times over the last 29 years, I have not done something that I felt called to do, because I could not see the way for my family to be supported. Being lead by Jesus requires a person to not be concerned with the small stuff; the small stuff being anything that has to do with what we see with our natural eyes; because those things that matter most are what we see with the eyes of our heart. As far as taking thought of the natural things of life, like food and clothing, it's not really a matter of not thinking about them, but it is more a matter of not living for them; let alone all the other stuff that we are trapped into owning. Does that mean I don't like all my stuff ? I am still working on that thought; because the more I think about it, I am wondering what use most of this stuff is for the kingdom of God; and I have narrowed it down to this Laptop; and even then, that is debatable. My main concern now is with my wife, and keeping her comfortable; but as soon as the Lord takes her home, all bets are off!!! I am not sure what I will do, but I know it will not be what I am doing now. I can see now how I have let this world get it's grip on my soul over several decades of living for what most people understand as the American Dream; owning a home, two cars, big screen TVs, boats, RVs, etc, etc; you get my point. But the more stuff you own, the more stuff owns you and your interest, your passions and the time and money required to maintain them and the lifestyle that comes with owning them. Do I believe that they are things we should not own? I am wondering what the Lord thinks of that; and I have been wondering that since this disaster has hit Japan. Seeing all their stuff just swept away like twigs on the beach, made me wonder about just how temporary all this stuff really is, and how much of my time is devoted to accumulating and maintaining it. Once you have gotten to the place where you are living this kind of lifestyle, it is really hard to back down, or scale back from the life you have been living. In fact, it is almost a trap, that you are now stuck in and cannot see your way out of...

No comments:

Post a Comment