Sunday, March 6, 2011

"Being Still" - 2

"Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46:10) Being still requires something else which many do not quite understand, and sadly, will not come to realize until the Day of Judgement: and that is that Jesus is Lord, regardless of their choice to make Him Lord of their lives. One of the illustrations from yesterday was given by Pastor Denny Stahl, and it had to do with trapping monkeys with coconuts and rice. This is something that I have heard before, but with a little less enthusiasm, and a little more attention to the rice; but the main point to this illustration, is that the monkey is so attached to that rice which he has his little hand around, that he will not let go, even though it will cost him his life, or even his freedom. As I was saying yesterday, that absolutely nothing can be surrendered until it is let go of, and letting go of something requires giving it to the Lord; all of it! That hole in the coconut is big enough for the monkey to get his outstretched hand into, but not big enough for his fist; especially a fist full of rice. The meaning of 'to loosen your grip' can be a matter of life and death, freedom or bondage; and must be the choice made to surrender. I know that the fires of hell are spoken of as being the torment of that place, but I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, that actual torment will be regret: if I had just surrendered that rice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment