Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"The Lord is My God"

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they will say, The Lord is my God." (Zechariah 13:8 & 9) This is really what facing the fire is all about, knowing that our God is doing a work in us, to make us His offspring. But wait, what about the work that Jesus did no the cross; was not that all that was required to make us a child of God? I know that question was asked, so I thought I would put it out there. Yes indeed; the sacrifice that Jesus made for us on the cross, was sufficient to take away all of our sins, and to restore us to a right standing with God; and there is nothing left for us to do that will change that. However, that is in a spiritual regard; wherein our spiritual relationship with God has been restored, and our soul is once again alive with the Spirit of the Living God; but what I think we are talking about here is our life in the flesh. This is the life that we have been given now, to proclaim that "The Lord is my God", and to be a light on this earth for God; to such a degree that God will say, "It is My people". Now I know that to a certain extent, God already accepts us as His child, because we have been adopted into the household of God; but I really believe this is different, because it is more like a stamp of approval upon our life here. This is something like the meaning of Paul declaring, "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain" (Phil. 1:21), which was his way of saying that as long as he is alive, he would show fourth Jesus, which would be best for those that need to see Jesus lived out in his life; but it would actually be better for him to be with the Lord. The reasoning in this statement is not to far off from the desire to not have to struggle with the flesh anymore; as if to say, I am really looking forward to the day that I am with the Lord in Glory! Which is because, that is where we will be free from sin, once and for all! Don't get me wrong, because I really believe that we are currently given the power, by the blood of Jesus, to be set free from our sins; the only problem with that is our flesh, which is a magnet for sin. So here we are; totally set free, yet confined within this shell; and it is this shell which must to conformed to the image of Jesus Christ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment