Thursday, March 31, 2011

"More Than Enough"

"And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!" (Luke 15:17) So, I bet you are wondering what this means? But as I was praying this morning, I could not get the title of this posting out of my head; over and over, the words, More Than Enough kept flashing before my eyes. Like what happens most mornings that something like this happens, I go to my trusty Concordance to look up the key word that I have been given; and then ask, What do you want to say to me Lord? It just so happened that my Bible was open to Proverbs, so I took a look at Proverbs 30:15 & 16, "The horseleech hath two daughters, crying, Give, give. There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough: the grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough." If you are struggling to get the point of this, then welcome to my world; because, sometimes I have no clue what God is saying until it is said. With that, let me say, that the reason the fire is not quenched , might be from the burnable materials that are still available! The opening Verse, if you could not tell, is from the parable of The Lost Son, who took his inheritance and wasted it upon the world; only to come to his senses after he realized that he was eating with the swine, and had come to understand what he had become. For this Lost Son, the fire was still not quenched; not until he could see what was required to be made whole; which was to repent and look to the Father!!! In doing so, he could see that even the lowliest within his father's house had more than enough to satisfy their hunger, yet he being a son hungered. This is something of great importance, and we must always remember it, no matter how far we stray away from God: We are His child!!!! And that is enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment