Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Holding On" for me...

I know where my eternity will be, so that matter is settled; but there is another relationship that I must hold onto, with all my might. Someone out there may know what I mean, if you are, or ever have lived what I am living. I pray that you never do, but if you are, then this blog is for you! The word 'stablished' is another word I have shared on before, but again, there is always enough of God's Word for every situation. The word means to make firm or reliable so as to warrant security and inspire confidence, to strengthen, make true, fulfill. Now then, when it comes to the love I have for my wife, that love is based upon the assumption or the knowledge I have of her being here still; which some may doubt. But she is, because I can tell by certain jesters and hand movements, and by the way she reacts to my voice when I come into the room. However, there are forces, situations, and even points of loneliness (selfishness) which can cause my heart to stray from being stablished in love for my wife; which, for lack of better words, can weaken the trust I have in Jesus to heal her. Maybe you are wondering how that can be so? As if love has anything to do with the trust I have in Jesus to perform a miracle? Well, I believe that it does! In fact, they go hand in hand together, and the trust I have in Jesus that He will heal her, one way or another, inspires confidence in my love for her, and that I am doing the very best I can for her! That is the real question in every one's mind: Why are you keeping her here??? But it is not about me, but for me to do all that I can do to ensure that I never give up hope; and more importantly, that I never do anything to take away from the confidence that is inspired by hope!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment