Friday, May 29, 2015

"Wherever - Whenever"

"O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;" (Psalms 63:1) Yesterday was kind of special; I like it when the Lord speaks so loud and clear; it was like, "What do you seek" was so loud, it shuck me to my core. I don't know, maybe just to be held, that might do it; or to be so deeply in love, that it hurts to think about anyone else. What I really need is to just rest in the Lord; I know that, and I try continually every day to do that; but man, it's hard to do that when your racing from one place to another, constantly! There always seems to be someone in front of me that is slowing me down; like yesterday, I was late getting to an appointment up in Shingletown, and there was this guy in a little beat-up grey car, the closer I got to him, the slower he went. Finally, I noticed that he had a handicap plate, so I imagined that he was just a head without a body trying to drive a car, and then I began to feel sorry for him; but we all know, he was probably just someone that was trying to control somebody else, just to feel a little more powerful; Right? I remember something that I learned over thirty years ago, that is so easy to forget, especially when we are in a hurry; it is that God is watching over us, and sometimes there are reasons we get slowed down or redirected; sometimes, if it was not for your redirection, you might not have made it where you were going, or you might not have been where God wanted you to be, for whatever reason. What this has to do with anything, I'm not sure; but then again, a little redirection is sometimes just what is needed to get our attention...
"I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit, and He prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me." (John 15:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment