Saturday, May 9, 2015

"Depending on God"

PSALMS 62 [To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.]
Joy, that's what's at the heart of the matter! I have been scratching my head for the last week, asking God, what is it that you are trying to tell me; what's up with all this stuff about idols and graven images; things that do absolutely nothing to help us in any area, whether here or there, they are worthless! "Jeduthun" is actually a person whose name means 'praising'; he was chief of one of three choirs of the temple. "Count It All Joy", although it's kind of a worn out statement, it never gets worn enough! We say that we know God; we say that we know that He has saved us; we say that He is so wonderful, and merciful, and loves us more than we could ever know; but where is the joy that backs it up? There is something that must be said about letting our light shine; first and foremost, it's not our light that needs to shine, it's God's Light that needs to shine in our lives! I sometimes forget that, and think that I have something to offer people who might need a little joy. I have nothing! Please don't think that I mean that I can not share the joy I have been given, that's not what I am trying to say; what I mean, is that the joy that I have is from the Lord, and it is Jesus that offers it, not me; I am only a vessel that He uses to touch others by; I hope you get that? My real question has to do with worshiping God, and whether or not they are all joyful in heaven, as they proclaim, "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come." (Revelation 4:8) Can you see it? Because I find only one thing that proclaims sadness at the throne of God, and that was when John wept over no one being worthy to open the Book. (Revelation 5:4) And yet one the elders said onto him, "Weep not: Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof." Yes, that's right, "Weep Not", that's a pretty good slogan for today, don't you think? "Weep" is a word that means to mourn for pain and grief, as in, those that mourn for the dead. Jesus is alive! We are alive, and we shall live for ever more; so what is there to weep about? Where is the joy that expresses that? I want people to see my face and wonder, Why does he look so happy? not say, I wonder who stole his little red wagon...
"In that day you will sing, ""I will praise You, O LORD! You were angry with me, but not any more. Now You comfort me. See, God has come to save me. I will trust in Him and not be afraid. The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; He has given me victory."" With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! In that wonderful day you will sing: ""Thank the LORD! Praise His Name! Tell the nations what He has done. Let them know how mighty He is! Sing to the LORD, for He has done wonderful things. Make known His praise around the world. Let all the people of Jerusalem shout His praise with joy! For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you."" (Isaiah 12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment