Thursday, May 7, 2015

"Prepped For Eternity"

"He shall abide before God for ever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him." (Psalms 61:7) To whom it may concern: You do have a eternal soul! I'm just saying, because eternity is a really long time! We can argue about all the different thoughts on the matter, but that will not change the truth; personally, I do believe that there will be a resurrection for every one, and those that are cast into hell, although their resurrected body may be consumed in the fire, their souls will continue on for ever in that place of torment. I know that does not sound very nice, but it does not have to be that way for you, or anyone else that still has a choice; God is not willing that any should "perish", whatever perish might represent. To see a little example of another way to look at "perish", you could look at Matthew 10:28, where that same word is used, but it is used as "destroy"; and looking at it in the context of what the Lord is saying, then we could assume that both the body and the soul are destroyed in hell. I am not sure that it really matters all that much, because being eternally separated from God is the worse thing that can happen to anyone, whether the flame goes out or not; but according to Revelation 20:10 they never do! But God, who is rich in mercy, although there will be a judgment, He offers life to all the perish; whether or not we accept it, is totally up to each and every one of us individually. It is really just as simple as that! Do you have eternal life? That is the question that we need to be asking, not whether or not hell is eternal or not, because there is nothing you can do to change the truth of that once you are dead, it either is or it isn't. But you do still have a choice for eternal life; personally, I will chose life over death any day! My eternity has already begun, how about yours? Jesus said, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." (John 8:36) The way I see it, sin is what God is going to judge; so anything that is bound to sin will be judged in that lake of fire, whether eternal or not; but Jesus has made a way for us to be set free from the bondage of sin, thereby we no longer need to be bound to that which shall be judged. It no longer has it's grip on me, so why should I grab onto to it? We have been set free, so we need to walk in that freedom and no longer walk in bondage! I am holding onto Jesus, that's what I am grabbing onto; but if my hand might slip, He is holding onto me...
"Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do His will. And I know that I will not be put to shame. He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to bring charges against me? Where are my accusers? Let them appear! See, the Sovereign LORD is on my side! Who will declare me guilty? All my enemies will be destroyed like old cloths that have been eaten by moths! Who among you fears the LORD and obeys his servant? If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the LORD and rely on your God. But watch out, you who live in your own light and warm yourselves by your own fires. This is the reward you will receive from Me: You will soon fall down in great torment." (Isaiah 50:7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment