Saturday, May 16, 2015

"Getting a Grip"

"He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defense; I shall not be moved." (Psalms 62:6) Just so you know, the flood is anything that comes against us; cancer seems to be a big one nowadays, it's getting to the point where everyone seems to know someone that is dealing with some sort of cancer. Maybe, if that's you, and you are waiting for God to save you from that disease by making it go away, He is trying to lift you up from the devastating part of your flood, and He is trying to get you to feel secure in Him. God is not going anywhere; and whether we sink, swim, or get rescued, God will always be right there! I really don't know that I truly get that; I mean, I might say that I believe it, and for the most part, I think that I do; but how can I really believe it, when I so blatantly sin against Him? Okay, maybe that didn't come across the way that I wanted it to, because I feel I did not leave you feeling blindsided enough. But just for a moment, try to get a grip of what I think God is trying to say. How can we honestly say that we completely depend upon God, if we don't totally act as if He is always right there, each and every moment of the day? Okay, maybe your not getting the impact of the reality of what is being said, because I am sensing that it's not yet totally clear to you how important this is to your relationship with God; not the God that you think you know, but the God that knows you, every single second of each and every day! Talk about an idol; what about making God out to be just like an idol, as if He can be taken out of the room, or left upon a shelf? 'I'm going to pretend that God is not here right now, so that I can satisfy my sexual desires.' Does that sound familiar to anyone? When you see the same verse repeated, you had better know that it needs repeating! The same weakness that would allow us to pretend that God is not watching, is the place where doubt is formed on whether or not He is for us, and whether or not He is actually there to begin with. We really need to be totally transparent with God, if we are ever going to get a grip; do you know why that might be? I think you get it; because whether you know it or not, you really don't have a choice...
"When the LORD first began speaking to Israel through Hosea, He said to him, "Go and marry a prostitute, so that some of her children will be conceived in prostitution. This will illustrate how Israel has acted like a prostitute by turning against the LORD and worshiping other god's." So Hosea married Gomer, the daughter of Diblaim, and she became pregnant and gave Hosea a son. And the LORD said, "Name the child Jezreel, for I am about to punish King Jehu's dynasty to avenge the murders he committed at Jezreel. In fact, I will bring an end to Israel's independence. I will break its military power in the Jezreel Valley." Soon Gomer became pregnant again and gave birth to a daughter. And the LORD said to Hosea, "Name your daughter Lo-ruhamah - 'Not loved' - for I will no longer show love to the people of Israel or forgive them. But I will show love to the people of Judah. I will free them from their enemies - not with weapons and armies or horses and charioteers, but by my power as the LORD their God." (Hosea 1:2-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment