Saturday, May 23, 2015

"It All Belongs To God" -2

"Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them." (Psalms 62:10) So, you might be thinking that there is nothing more to this verse than that of who's in control, or who has the power over what? maybe it's just about who has ownership when all is said and done? Yes, it's all true; each and everything that you could ever imagine, set your heart upon, whether material or imagined, if it can be weighed upon a scale, or judged in accordance of worth, it is all included; even your very own life! This is by far the hardest thing I have had to wrestle with, not because of the all the work that I have put into everything; and believe me, I have sacrificed more than I care to think about; but to be perfectly honest, the list of people I owe an apology to, goes far beyond my ability to comprehend; it hurts my heart to even think about it. I guess I could start with God, since in the end, He will be the judge of all that has been done. Typically, God is where every apology should start, because essentially, He owns each and every person that has ever been placed into my life. If I had to pick number two, then it would be my wife; as she was the one who stood by my side, even though I put creating a business over the responsibility of maintaining a strong spiritual leadership in the home. Don't get me wrong, I did maintain a spiritual leadership to some degree, but it was the bare minimum needed to get us through, the absolute essentials required visibly present; after all, I was an elder in our church, and I needed to maintain a certain appearance of spiritual maturity. But as far as growing into a deeper relationship, either with God or my family, I did not make that my priority; my priority was in building a business, everything else was just being dragged along side, or dragged from behind. This hurts! If I could give any advice to someone beginning such a journey, I would want to somehow compare the taste of meat to the appetite of success: once that first bite is tasted, it is hard to not make it the primary reason you plan your day...
"Now, however, Israel is led by drunks who reel with wine and stagger with alcohol. The priests and prophets stagger with alcohol and lose themselves in wine. They reel when they see visions and stagger as they render decisions. Their tables are covered with vomit; filth is everywhere. "Who does the LORD think we are?" they ask. "Why does He speak to us like this? Are we little children, just recently weaned? He tells us everything over and over - one line at a time, a little here, and a little there!" So now God will have to speak to His people through foreign oppressors who speak a strange language! God has told His people, "Here is a place of rest; let the weary rest here. This is the place of quiet rest." But they would not listen. So the LORD will spell out His message for them again, one line at a time, one line at a time, a little here, and a little there, so that they will stumble and fall. They will be injured, trapped, and captured." (Isaiah 28:7-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment