Wednesday, May 6, 2015

"Just Believe Him" -2

"Thou will prolong the king's life: and his years as many generations." (Psalms 61:6) Obviously, idols can distort our view of who God really is; anything that gets between us and God is an idol, anything! What are you trying to say? Sometimes I just don't know, I just type; you have probably figured that out by now, so just try to follow along, as I do. The KJV of Isaiah 42:8 calls them "graven images" instead of "carved idols", as in the NLT; but there is really not much of a difference, they are both something created by what is imagined in our minds, thus they are an image that we have imagined fits the God or gods that we put our faith in; whether or not that image is correct, is entirely based upon the Word of God. Some people say that you cannot put God in a box; well that might be true, and according to John, you can't put everything about Him in a book either (John 21:25); but if the God you know does not fit the God in the Bible, then you have an issue, and you are dealing with a "graven image". Can God really be anything to everyone? Some people think that He is; and some people will even preach that it is so; I was going to say teach, but in order to teach something, you need something to reference what you are teaching; at least that is what I have been taught. Why do you think that God took the time and the effort to put this Book together, if it was not important for us to believe it is from Him? Every word of it is God speaking from His heart to our hearts, if we would just listen. I guess that might be part of the problem, if you are going through an idol to hear what God is saying, then His words are most likely getting distorted. When it comes to having "Confidence in God's Protection", which is what this Psalm is meant to be about, our confidence must be placed in the right direction! It can not be diverted or go through anything, but must be squarely fixed on God! By the way, I heard another little tidbit of information on the radio the other day, concerning the "Judgment" in the last day, and why God will be judging everyone by all those books that are opened (Revelation 20:12); it is because your life is not over when your physical body is dead, it continues on and on through many generations; and what you may have done, whether good or bad, will continue to affect or effect many many lives, way after you are gone...
"Everything I prophesied has come true, and now I will prophesy again. I will tell you the future before it happens. Sing a new song to the LORD! Sing His praise from the ends of the earth! Sing, all who live in distant coastlands. Join in the chorus, you desert towns; let the villages of Kedar rejoice! Let the people of Sela sing for joy; shout praises from the mountaintops! Let the whole world glorify the LORD; let it sing His praise. The LORD will march forth like a mighty hero; He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout His battle cry and crush His enemies. He will say, I have long been silent; yes, I have restrained Myself. But now, like a woman in labor, I will cry and groan and pant. I will level the mountains and hills and blight all their greenery. I will turn the rivers into dry land and will dry up all the pools. I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will brighten the darkness before them and smooth out the road ahead of them. Yes, I will indeed do these things; I will not forsake them. But those who trust in idols, who say, 'You are our gods', will be turned away in shame." (Isaiah 42:9-17)    

No comments:

Post a Comment