Sunday, May 31, 2015

"Experienced!"

"To see Thy power and Thy glory, so as I have seen Thee in the sanctuary." (Psalms 63:2) Yes, I know, it's a throwback from the 60's and early 70's; but just because the world might use something, does not mean that it can't be used for God. Which reminds me, I heard a message yesterday that described what happens to these iconic rock stars that sell their souls to the devil, they get destroyed! The devil is a destroyer, he can not create anything, but he sure can destroy stuff, especially those that belong to him. But you know, God really spoke to my heart about something very important when it comes to leading someone to the Lord, we do not lead anyone! I know that sounds wrong, because even I have considered myself to have led many people to Christ; but in reality, nobody comes to God without God calling them onto Himself. Before I had accepted Christ into my heart, I had several invitations and opportunities to make a move; but it was not until God called me, softened my heart, and the Holy Spirit revealed the truth to me, that I could actually see my need for God's redemption, and see His great love for me through the power of the cross of Christ. I can lead someone through the Sinner's Prayer, but if God's not involved in the process, the transformation is not going to happen. Besides, nobody can really understand why they need Jesus without accepting Him into their heart; it's really that simple of a statement. Jesus said it Himself, while answering Nicodemus, saying, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3) It is not a matter of just saying the sinners prayer and then your good; it is a matter of seeing your need for God's mercy and then saying the sinners prayer; something that involves the Holy Spirit revealing the truth into our hearts. To help understand what I am saying, we could look at the word "sanctuary" that is used in the verse above, which is not really a place, it's a position, which is described as 'apartness' or 'separateness'. In other words, it is us seeing the need for God's mercy and grace, because there is such a huge gap between where we are and where He is when it comes to holiness; a massive gap that can never be bridged by anything other than the cross of Christ. Now that's 'power' and 'glory', the likes of which we cannot experience without becoming a child of God...
"What do you mean?" exclaimed Nicodemus. "How can an old man go back into his mother's womb and be born again?" Jesus replied, "I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit." (John 3:4-8) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment