Sunday, May 3, 2015

"My Perfect Place" -2

"I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of Thy wings. Selah." (Psalms 61:4) I hope I made some sense of what God was speaking into my heart, because it really does matter how we view this very special relationship that we have with the God who made us. If ever you doubt that God is on your side, you just need to look into the eyes of Jesus, the one who paid the price for your sins; not only did He hang on that cross for your sins, but as He hung there, He pleaded for your wrongdoings to be forgiven. Possibly the second part of this verse best portrays the personal comfort that is found in that perfect place of refuge; if you could try and visualize a tent that is made of "the covert" of His "wings". The word "covert" is one that means shelter, but not just any shelter, a very special secret shelter, a hiding place; it is a place that is so special, that it is only meant for you, where you meet and fellowship with your Creator. If you did not know it before, then you need to know it now, that God desires for you to fellowship with Him in that very special place; that place where you can tell Him everything and anything that is in your heart, because He cares and He loves you like no one else! There is absolutely nothing that you can ever do to stop God from loving you; and no matter where you go, where you have been, or what you have been doing, God is always right there, waiting for you to turn to Him. I misread the word "covert" yesterday, maybe by mistake, or maybe it was what God wanted me to see, because 'comfort' is what I feel in knowing how much He loves me; there is really no other word that can express the comfort that we get to experience in knowing that He loves us and that He just wants to hold us in His arms and tell us how much He cares. Maybe the word "trust" that is used best describes this very special place, because it speaks of a place to flee to, to make a refuge, as in a special place that involves a very special Someone who is always there for me, even to the very end...
"But as for you, Israel My servant, Jacob My chosen one, descended from Abraham My friend, I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, You are My servant. For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:8-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment