Saturday, May 2, 2015

"My Perfect Place"

"I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of Thy wings. Selah." (Psalms 61:4) There are certain things that require individualism, this happens to be one on them; not that anyone on their own is worth anything without Christ, because we are totally worthless without Him; but when it comes to being redeemed, it is all together different. One could say, if you really wanted to get technical, that we need to own it like it is ours for ever; even though it is the Lord's, His doing, His establishment, and His forever, when it comes to my eternal security, it is that place He has prepared for me before the foundations of the earth! Even as a child, way before I had ever given my heart to the Lord, it was always there. I never really knew it, but I do remember sitting out under the stars at night, and feeling the comfort in somewhere else; although I did not know where it was, it was enough to bring tears to my eyes and cause me to sing. I think it was songs like, "Sitting on the dock of the bay", or, "I hear the whistle blowing", or some such songs that involved being alone but wishing you were somewhere else. Whether you know it or not, you were chosen by God way before you were ever even born; it was just a matter of time before you would come home; but that home was established for you long before you were even born into this world. Sometimes we put way to much thought into our own personal failures and weaknesses; we are what we are, weak and dependent upon God; if you don't think that you are, then try and imagine where you would be without Him; if you could describe what hell might look like, that might be what you see; because it is exactly where you would end up without God's redemption! The word "tabernacle" is one that speaks of more than just the "tabernacle of the congregation", it speaks of a "dwelling place", that place of my personal refuge; that "tent" which belongs to me, and that God has prepared for a meeting place, where I will dwell with Him forever. It might sound confusing, but it is really pretty simple: we are each independently involved one on one with our Creator, but as a family, we are all one in the LORD...
"This is what the LORD says - Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD of Heaven's Armies: I Am the First and the Last; there is no other God. Who is like Me? Let him step forward and prove to you his power. Let him do as I have done since ancient times when I established a people and explained its future. Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim My purposes for you long ago? You are My witnesses - is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock - not one!" (Isaiah 44:6-8)    

No comments:

Post a Comment