Wednesday, May 27, 2015

"None Other!" -2

"Also unto Thee, O LORD, belongeth mercy: for Thou renderest to every man according to his work." (Psalms 62:12) Now what do you think? Is God full of mercy, or what? There is absolutely no question about it, we must depend upon God for His mercy, because without His mercy, we have no chance whatsoever of getting into heaven; none! And here is the kicker! God is the one who supplies the mercy, and yet, He is also the one who will judge! Go figure! Maybe it's me, but does it seem that the sureness of His mercy is made more relevant, considering He is also the judge? I mean, if I am going to stand before a judge, and yet, it is told to me that he will set me free if I only ask his forgiveness, is there any doubt I will be forgiven? I am sure that there are many who do not care, but it is by far the most important single thing that we have to make a choice about: Do I accept His mercy or not? That's really all that God is asking us! Do you believe that I love you? "For God so loved the world" is a statement, but it is presented in the form of a question that must be answered in every man's heart: "So, do you believe it?" The bottom line, in case you missed all the idol worship, is that God will not be second, can not be second! He must be number one in our hearts and minds, because He has earned that position in the manner that He has loved us! Nothing else could ever compare to what God has done for us, absolutely nothing! I'm sorry, but it's not even possible to think how I did not see it before accepting Him into my heart, except for the fact that my heart was as hard as a rock. But that's the most amazing part of it all! He softened my heart so that I could see His love for me...
"Where is another God like you, who pardons the guilt of the remnant, overlooking the sins of his special people? You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love. Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean! You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago." (Micah 7:18-20) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment