Tuesday, May 19, 2015

"It Does Not Matter"

"Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." (Psalms 62:8) I get it that some people don't feel worthy of His love, it's only natural to want something a little more sure of than what we see coming from within our selves; which is the whole point! If we are going to make it, it's not by our strength or righteousness, it is by His! We have got to depend upon God for providing the way, because quite frankly, we have no chance at all without Him! I am sorry for all the excitement, but I am in Ohio right now on my way home with the new RV, and it has been hard to get use to the time changes. I might be back to normal by Saturday; then again, when have I ever been normal? I think the part of this verse that speaks to me the most is that opening statement, which says, "Trust in Him at all times"; it really does not matter what kind of condition that you are in, or what you have possibly been guilty of, God is always worthy of your trust, even if you don't feel worthy to trust in Him. That is one thing that I really admired about David, no matter what he had done wrong, he always trusted God's hand of correction. I would prefer God's had of correction over man's any day or any time, because I know that God loves me! It does not matter what you have done, or where you have been, God is not there waiting to crush you for your wrong choices; He might be crushed because of them, but He wants you to cry out to Him for mercy. That's the part that we don't really understand, why God's mercy is so easily offered, and yet it is so seldom that we accept it is even there; it's like, I don't deserve it, so why should I ask for it? Precisely the point: we seldom do deserve it, if ever; yet He is always willing to offer it, when we cry out for it...
"I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate. But if I know that what I am doing is wrong, this shows that I agree that the law is good. So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can't. I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway." (Romans 7:15-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment