Saturday, May 30, 2015

"Wherever - Whenever" -2

"O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;" (Psalms 63:1) Oddly enough, we have something that needs to be filled, and there is only one thing that will satisfy that filling, which is God's Word; and even then, we still need to be continually filled! If you look at this word used for "water", it has some rather complex meanings, but I think the way it comes across is mostly regarding refreshment, as in relief; and pardon my expression, but it appears to be the kind of relief you get when take a piss, especially one that is way overdue. I can so relate to this, because hardly a day goes by that I don't feel this discomfort myself. I am very uncomfortable asking people if I can use their bathrooms, and most of the time, I hardly have any time between appointments, so I just travel from one inspection to the next; it is literally three or four hours sometimes before I can get a chance to relieve myself, and at times, it gets very uncomfortable. To look at it another way, you could see the feeling you get when you speak to someone about the Lord; your so filled up as you speak about Him, even as you depart from the person you were speaking with, you are still feeling filled; but soon thereafter, you feel as though you are drained, and in need of being filled again. This really requires that we seek such a deep and personal relationship with God, because this world has nothing to offer in the way of filling our spiritual appetite; if anything, it takes from any filling that we might have experienced, almost immediately! I think Matthew Henry tries to put it in a little better perspective, as he says, "The best and dearest of God's saints and servants may sometimes have their lot cast in a wilderness, which speaks them lonely and solitary, desolate and afflicted, wanting, wandering, and unsettled, and quite at a loss what to do with themselves." We really only have one cure for these wilderness blues, and that is a good heart-to-heart with our Heavenly Father! So, in case you were wondering what this title stands for, that's it, "Wherever - Whenever" He is never far away...
"Many among the crowds at the Temple believed in him. "After all," they said, "would you expect the Messiah to do more miraculous signs than this man has done?" When the Pharisees heard that the crowds were whispering such things, they and the leading priests sent Temple guards to arrest Jesus. But Jesus told them, "I will be with you only a little longer. Then I will return to the one who sent me. You will search for me but not find me. And you cannot go where I am going." The Jewish leaders were puzzled by this statement. "Where is he planning to go?" they asked. "Is he thinking of leaving the country and going to the Jews in other lands? Maybe he will even teach the Greeks! What does he mean when he says, 'You will search for me but not find me,' and 'You cannot go where I am going'?" On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of Living Water will flow from his heart.'" (John 7:31-38) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment