Sunday, May 17, 2015

'"Getting a Grip" -2

"He only is my rock and my salvation: He is my defense, I shall not be moved." (Psalms 62:6) Did you take notice of something missing between this verse and verse two? If not, it's okay, because it's pretty normal for that to happen; not just in the case of the missing word, but in the case of our eternal security in Jesus! And it's not the word "only", just in case you were wondering; it's the word "greatly" missing from this verse that was in verse two. You know, I could not help but think of Jesus always calling His disciples out on one particular fault that they all had in common, "O ye of little faith!" Generally speaking, we all suffer now and then in the faith department, it's just humanly natural, because that's what we are, humans! We are only man, so why do we expect ourselves to have the qualities within ourselves to be otherwise; if not for the power of God working in us! Maybe we really do need some schooling in areas of trust, because we are constantly drawn to our own inabilities and overlook the completed work of Jesus Christ! I will put my faith in Jesus! In Him I have the faith to move mountains, not because I have any special faith, but because He is SPECIAL!!! And yes, we do mess up from time to time; and we do cast doubt upon our relationship with God when we do; but God is not "greatly moved" by what we do, because He knew already we would do it; He new the very first moment that He thought you into existence that you would need to be saved! That's what makes His-story so incredibly awesome, because He made you, He knows you inside and out, and yet, He still loves you...
"After Gomer had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she again became pregnant and gave birth to a second son. And the LORD said, "Name him Lo-ammi -'Not My people' - for Israel is not My people, and I am not their God. Yet the time will come when Israel's people will be like the sands of the seashore - too many to count! Then, at the place where they were told, 'You are My people,' it will be said, 'You are children of the living God.' Then the people of Judah and Israel will unite together. They will choose one leader for themselves, and they will return from exile together. What a day that will be - the day of Jezreel - when God will again plant His people in His land. In that day you will call your brothers Ammi - 'My people.' And you will call your sisters Ruhamah - 'The ones I love.' " (Hosea 1:8-2:1)NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment