Sunday, January 30, 2011

"The God of Love"

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5) Sometimes we need to have a little different perspective to really know God's Love. The question that I asked myself, and actually asked you also, was if it was within me to love my wife with the Love of God; in other words, can I love her with an 'Agape' Love? Which, I answered by saying that I must first know what Agape is before I can even begin to express it, or live it out. Correction: Before I can live It out, It must be living in me! Then shall I know It!!! The opening verse which is from chapter one of Jeremiah, was the introduction by God to him, about the calling upon his life. This is a very interesting ordination, because Jeremiah was very young at the time of his actual calling; however, by God's perspective, he had been called for quite some time. Besides the task that he had been called to, his age was also a factor in the initial rejections that he received by his countrymen. He did not want to be a prophet in the first place, but the urgency of his message was like a fire raging within him, and he could not contain it. However, his response to God's introduction was in verse 6: "Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child." His is an example of total faithfulness to God, regardless of personal desires or circumstances; because, after God put His words within him, he could not help but speak them out. Along with this task of speaking forth the word of God to a dying nation, he also felt the pain of the judgement he had to declare; thus, he was known as 'The Weeping Prophet', because his burden was so heavy. So, what the heck does this have to do with God's Love? Well, for one, we are not the maker of His Love, He is! I cannot make myself love with the Love of God, and neither can you; but it is God who must love in us, and through us; and then, and only then, can we begin to love with the Love of God. Jeremiah had no desire to be God's prophet, nor did he think that he could; however, God's word placed within him changed all that, and nothing could stop him from speaking forth God's words; not even the sadness of the message. Most importantly, it was God all along that was in charge, even before his birth; even before he was conceived God had the words prepared for him to speak. The Love of God can only be found in One place: The God of Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment