Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Love Misunderstood"

Simply put, love sometimes gets misunderstood. Is it for me that I love, or is it for another? If it is for me, than wouldn't that be self love? One thing that I noticed about the Garden, God provided man with everything he needed; and when God saw that man needed more, then He provided for that also. So, wouldn't you say that love, real love, looks for and sets out to fulfill the needs of another? Even if that person does not know that they even have the need; but real love will see the need, and then try to fulfill that need which they see another in need of. As for my situation, I can only do what I think is going to comfort my wife, and give her some strokes of affection. It almost always happens, that as I am laying next to her and holding her, she will fall asleep; relaxed and asleep in my arms; hopefully dreaming of better circumstances. Most of the time, as I fall asleep with her, I will dream of her and I together, usually doing something really strange; but in these dreams, she is fine, talking, and doing something which others take notice of, like teaching a child to fish (she loves to fish). Real Love does not care how self feels, but will rather give up self for the life of another, even if the other does not understand why. As we read a little further through John chapter 6, we can see Jesus trying to explain to those around Him why He had come, where He had come from, and how they must come to Him. It says in verse 66, "From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him". From the time they had asked Jesus to give them a sign, and they used the manna which their fathers did eat as a sign of validity, Jesus expressed Himself as the real Bread from heaven; and in this expression of being Bread from heaven, He used the Himself, His body which had to be given, as the means to obtain Life Everlasting. The problem with those that did not believe, is that they did not see their need, which was not based upon the flesh, but upon the spirit; they, however, could not see beyond the flesh. Before we can see our need, the real need, we must see the Father; understanding who He is, where we stand from Him, how we must be brought to Him, and the Bread of Life which will bring us there... "No man can come to Me, except the Father which hath sent Me draw him; and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto Me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save He which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life. I am the Bread of Life." (John 6:44-48)

No comments:

Post a Comment