Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Love Perfected in Us"

God's Love was perfected in His Son Jesus Christ, but what about us? Can His Love be perfected in us? If so, when? I believe His Love will be perfected in us, once we are in the presence of Jesus Christ the King of Glory; until then we are to strive for that perfection. But you might ask, why strive for something that we can not achieve? Ah ha; that is the lie from the enemy; that is exactly what the devil would have you accept: Why bother trying, if I cannot obtain it; besides, I am forgive of my sin, so I will be alright. Let's look again at the athlete that I illustrated the other day; this time we shall add the Head, Jesus Christ. Now, think about this with me, if you want, because I was up most the night with this (I should have taken notes). If Jesus Christ is the Head of the Body, then who is making all the decisions? Does your arm decide what your legs will do? The game has now changed; no longer am I, as a son of God, just going to be trained to love in this world, but now my training is for another. To fulfill the love required to move, react, or respond to the passions of this world is within my ability to achieve; but to even begin to fulfill the Love required to start approaching the Kingdom of God, is only possible in Jesus Christ. Now then, the painful part of the training: to deny the flesh! The word 'purifieth' which is in 1 John 3:3 is not a word to be taken lightly. As I have shared before, I made the wedding invitations for our wedding, which there is a picture of back in a blog from last January. At that time I was about six months old in the Lord; just a babe in Christ, however, I was full of the Spirit, and believe that I was being directed by God in most of my life. The Scripture that I typed inside that invitation was from Ephesians 5, with regards to a husband and a wife; which is also a Scripture that I hold dear unto this day. That being said, when it comes to verse 25-27, there is something that is abundantly clear about how we are to Love our wife as a husband: "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it: that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of the water by the Word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." How can I even begin to fulfill my obligation to my wife, which is to purify her, if I have not purified myself??? "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins; and in Him was no sin. Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him." (1 John 3:4-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment