Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Love's Pure Light" - 7

'Could he go all the way?' That's the phrase I heard in my head as I went to sleep last night, and yet I know that this journey is nowhere close to being completed. However, Love's Pure Light as a title is finally going to be brought to a completion, and what better way to do that, then to have it fall on the number seven. After I wrapped up yesterday's post, I thought about how bold John was in his statement, "His commandments are not grievous"; because to be perfectly honest, I can find myself struggling in trying to keep them, so to say they are not grievous; well, let's just say that I feel sometimes that I am grieving in my effort to be righteous. Here is the deal with the Love of God: when God created man, the one ingredient that was lacking in man, was his Love for God; don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Adam did not love God, because I am sure that he did; what I am saying, is that the fullness of God's Love was not known to Adam. Although Adam had the ability to love God with all of his heart, mind, soul and strength, his capacity to do so was not fully developed. God provided for man all that he needed, but until the need required for God to give of Himself, man could not know the fullness of God's Love. How can I make this outlandish claim? Well, for one, the fact that Adam and Eve hid from God after having eaten of the tree that they were told not to eat from; this is called fear, and fear is not something which has place in Love (Agape). In other words; the fact that there was a fear from God, tells me, that the Love of God was not fully comprehended in Adam's heart. Notice that I did not say 'Fear of God', because the point of that meaning had already been lost with the act of sin; now what Adam was feeling was a fear from God's wrath, besides the fact that they felt naked; which actually reinforces my point, because the nakedness that they felt, was a direct result of their guilt, and the sinfulness of their flesh. The more I think about it, the more I can see that God works all things for the good; because the devil meant it for bad, but God meant it for good; say what??? The death that man suffered in the Garden that day, was that catalyst needed, to bring God's Love to Pure Light... "Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is Love; and he that dwelleth in Love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness (no fear) in the day of judgement: because as He is, so are we in this world (not of this world). There is no fear in Love; but perfect Love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment (punishment). He that feareth is not made perfect in Love. We love him, because He first Loved us (our response!!!). (1 John 4:15-19)

No comments:

Post a Comment