Friday, January 21, 2011

"Love's Pure Light"

And then again, there is a certain power which comes from appreciating the Love that God has bestowed upon us; something that can not be explained, but must be lived in order to know. In John chapter 14, Judas (not Iscariot), asked Jesus in verse 22, "Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest Thyself unto us, and not unto the world?" "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will make Our abode with him." (John 14:23) The more I appreciate the love that I have for my wife, the more I love her. This is not a selfish thing I am talking about, but more of a desire within me to experience the love that is appreciated; in other words, I have a desire to manifest the love that is within my heart more, when I know how special that Love is, and the more I experience that love, the more I know how special it is. The Love that God has given us for one another, for our spouse, and for Him, is a Love that is born within us; He makes this Love come alive in us, as He makes His abode in us. That being said; there is a joint effort which we must have, or put forth; something which we must do in order to experience the Love which we know to be in us; or, to put it another way: we must put the Love into motion in order to experience and appreciate how special this Love is that we have been given. We are not talking about Salvation here, so don't try and put the two together; what we are talking about is the Love of God making us into the best person that we can be. Do you want to be the best husband, wife, child, employee, boss, or servant of God that you can be? Then we must learn to experience God's Love in our lives! It is one thing to know His Love by the Salvation we have been given, which is the Love we have inherited; but, it is something all together different to experience that Love being lived out in our lives. Okay, maybe this is not that easy to explain; or maybe the experience cannot be known until it is lived, therefore, it is not explainable? Much the same as seeing the need for Salvation; which we can not see until we see the sin we have that separates us from our God. Or the Love that God has for us, is not really known in our hearts, until we understand what He has done for us, and the 'Great Price' He paid, so that we could be in Him and He in us. Living out the Love of God simply means that we are loving God back! How else do we show our appreciation? "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we Know that we are of the Truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him." (1 John 3:18 & 19)

No comments:

Post a Comment