Friday, May 20, 2016

"The Enabler"

"Thou art the God that doest wonders: thou hast declared thy strength among the people." (Psalms 77:14) As I look forward to this upcoming trip, I also know it won't be easy. I usually will have someone else go with us, just so I can safely monitor and care for Marianne during the long twelve hours of driving we will be doing each day. Okay, you got me; maybe not twelve actual driving hours, more like eight or nine; but the many fifteen minute stops along the way will make it a twelve hour day. This time I want to try and do it right, by trying to spend the night in RV Parks instead of Rest Stops and Walmart parking lots. I am setting out for Newport News by next Friday, hopefully by noon, and prayerfully in one piece. We are going to Reno tonight, so that I can gain some strength for the main part of the journey; staying at the Grand Sierra and leaving Reno on Sunday after visiting the Calvary Chapel fellowship there for Sunday morning service. It would be nice to find another Calvary on the way for Wednesday night service, but I don't quite know where I will be at that time, seeing how there is about 40 hours of driving involved. Now then, about this title, "The Enabler," a term that is always looked and talked about in such negative ways. It is really not meant to be used in such negative light, but then again, we were never meant to be what we born into, separated from God. I was engaged in a conversation the other night regarding the age of this planet; I think it started on the cause of earthquakes, or the oil that is in the ground, or something like that. Anywho; I brought up the fact that Jesus made wine from water, and that it was not just some grape flavored water, it was really good wine; something that requires wine to age, for a period of time far exceeding five minutes. Who's to say that God did not create a mature earth? Didn't God create Adam as a mature man? Did Adam receive a mature wife? As far as that goes, I believe we are born again equip with everything we need to walk out the life of being a Christian. From the very first moment that we are redeemed, we are reborn into a spiritual life, one which brings with it the eternal life that is in our Eternal God. Our eternal life begins at the time of our rebirth! Okay, so maybe that does not give you goosebumps thinking about. But it's like this: 'You're either born once and die twice; or you're born twice and die once.' Which one will you choose? I think I would take the second choice if I were you... "And I saw a great white throne and one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:11-15) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment