Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"The Disconnect"

"I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah." (Psalms 77:3) If you have been hanging in here with me for any amount of time, you would have figured out by now that this is not a teaching blog, if anything, it's more of a learning blog. I never really intended this to be me teaching anything to anyone; but it's more about me sharing what God shares with me, as I commit to these few hours each morning in fellowship with the Captain of my soul. That said, I believe that today is a teaching moment! As far as I am concerned, we can never arrogantly approach God, as if we are owed something; nor can we complain to God, as if we have been mistreated. Both of those ways of communicating with God will get us nowhere but somewhere we don't want to be, outside in the hallway with our face against the wall. If you have ever been there, then you know what I am talking about. God has nothing but good intentions for us and He never does anything to hurt us, nor does He mistreat us in any way; so as far as we should be concerned, approaching God should be more than an honor, it's amazingly awesome! Hello! This is the God of the Universe we are talking about, can't you get a little excited about getting a chance to fellowship with your Maker? Besides, we were made to worship; we have knees to bow down on and hands to lock together, and God gave us a voice to praise Him; so that is what we should do most of all, worship and love on our God, with all our hearts. As a matter of fact, I don't believe we can pray earnestly without first entering into a place of worship. In other words, if your not approaching God from a direction of worship, then there is some serious disconnect in your communication with the Almighty. Can you see the degree of separation? We have got to see this verse for what it represents. Previously there was grief, but not just any grief, we're talking about perpetual grief, as in grief that never stops; then there is no comfort in that grief, it's almost as if there a thick fog of despair between grief and relief. Now, there is something of a break in the fog, but it's not really a break at all, but more of a glimpse of something that could have been or could be. And finally, there's the complaint, as if it's all God's fault, or that God has let you down. Not such a good idea or thought, don't you know...
"My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins -and not only our sins but the sins of all the world. And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments. If someone claims, "I know God," but does not obey God's commandments, that person is a liar and is not living the truth. But those who obey God's word truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did." (1 John 2:1-6) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment