Thursday, May 5, 2016

"The Disconnect" -2

"I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah." (Psalms 77:3) Don't doubt me, it's more about sin than you might think. You have no doubt heard the term, "Practice makes perfect," well that's the whole idea of getting it right; not that we could ever get perfect, because we are going to fall short every time that we try. It's about striving to do more of God's will and less of our own. John is no way speaking about us being perfect; as a matter of fact, that was his whole point, that we are not! But when we do fall short, and we will, we have "An Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous," who stands at His right hand, saying, 'Father, I paid for that one too.' Now, you can go ahead and take that either way that you want, either person or sin, it really doesn't matter; but when it comes to our personal relationship with Jesus, I prefer that it be my sins! I have no doubt that Jesus died for me, but there are times that I wonder if I have crossed the line; if the "70 x 7" has run out, and now, if He will just shrug His shoulders and give out a sigh. With that, I tend to disagree on the matter of those that might walk away from their salvation; not that people can't, because I believe that they do; but on whether or not they can permanently walk away, there we might have some disagreement. When Jesus spoke about the 'sower of the seed,' the seed that feel on good ground was those that actually received Him into their hearts; the others were those that either fell by the wayside, or really did not make it a matter of the heart, but more a matter of the head, as in what they thought about Jesus, or what Jesus could do for them. There is a really big difference between those that make Jesus Lord of their lives, and those that just want to try Jesus. But just because you have committed your life to the Lord, does not mean you can't get knocked down or walk in the wilderness for forty years, because you can. I am a very firm believer that you are His child for ever once you become His child forever! Forever is not anything else but eternity, which is far beyond this lifetime! So, if you really want to debate the process, I think you will fall short on any proof that God will let go of His people, because He won't!!! As a matter of fact, I would go as far to say, that any person that is currently not His child never really was His child to begin with, but was just pretending to be His child. Does that mean we can never get disconnected from God? Yes and no. Sin will always separate us from God, which means that we fall out of fellowship; but there is always our inheritance into the Kingdom. Okay, so I need to point something out, for those that may not realize what you are: You are no longer your own, you are property of Christ Jesus, and He does not let go of those that are His. So, if you might feel somewhat disconnected, it's just you and your feelings; because if you were once His child, guess what, you still are...
"I will strengthen Judah and save Israel; I will restore them because of my compassion. It will be as though I had never rejected them, for I am the LORD their God, who will hear their cries. The people of Israel will become like mighty warriors, and their hearts will be made happy as if by wine. Their children, too, will see it and be glad; their hearts will rejoice in the LORD. When I whistle to them, they will come running, for I have redeemed them. From the few who are left, they will grow as numerous as they were before. Though I have scattered them like seeds among the nations, they will still remember me in distant lands. They and their children will survive and return again to Israel. I will bring them back from Egypt and gather them from Assyria. I will resettle them in Gilead and Lebanon until there is no more room for them all. They will pass safely through the sea of distress, for the waves of the sea will be held back, and the waters of the Nile will dry up. The pride of Assyria will be crushed, and the rule of Egypt will end. By my power I will make my people strong, and by my authority they will go wherever they wish. I, the LORD, have spoken!" (Zechariah 10:6-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment