Monday, May 23, 2016

"The Equalizer" -2

"Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah." (Psalms 77:15) I had actually quite more to say yesterday, but somehow everything I had typed was erased or not saved; and I wanted to make it to first service, so I needed to summarize all that I had written. Whether your a shepherd or second in command of a mighty nation, there is no difference in the heavenly order, nor in your mortality here on this earth. I can't help but think of Nebuchadnezzar, and how he went from being the mightiest man on the planet, to hanging out with the cows eating grass. He also went from a heathen of a man, to one that respected and worshiped the One True God; after which he saw first hand that God actually is the one who is in control. I have to admit, there are days when I forget from whence I get anything or anymore of this life. You know that statement of Jesus saying, "They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them," it actually does not mean we should test God by drinking poison or handling poisonous snakes; it means that God will not let you die if you are not meant to die. John was the only apostle that was not killed, but that does not mean they did not try to kill him, because they did. Everything we have comes from God, especially our very lives! I can't begin to tell you the countless times that I have taken so much for granted; whether it be health or wealth, God is the giver of all good things, and we can never ever think that we have anything of our own doing or based upon who we are or what we have done. Everything we have can be taken in a flash; everything we own is not our own, it all belongs to God. The message yesterday was pretty good. It was from John 15, and Jesus' teaching how He is the Vine, and that we must abide in Him. I was reminded of something very important in that message, which is about Jesus' statement, "whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it to you." This simple phase has been misused by many, as they teach some sort of prosperity doctrine, as if Jesus was talking about physical and tangible things. In the context of what Jesus was speaking of, He was speaking of "fruit," as in, that we might "bring forth fruit" in our lives. That is the most important thing for us to ask for, that our lives would be fruitful and give glory to God. And how do we bring forth fruit? Abide in Christ, and ask the Father...
"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because the master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other." (John 15:9-17) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment