Tuesday, May 3, 2016

"The Fog"

"In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted." (Psalms 77:2) To be perfectly honest, yesterday's title was taken from Matthew Henry; and to be honest even further, I had planed to use his 'Melancholy' themes all the way up to verse six. But that's not me, so this is what you get instead, "The Fog." I don't know if it's just me, but there are days when the fog is so thick, you cannot cut it with a knife. Do you know why that is? Well, it might sound a little weird, but it's because it folds back into itself, and your knife never makes a slice; figure that out! I think it must be from sin that has not been confessed, or having baggage that needs to be dealt with; if you know what I mean. We just can't deal with it on our own, no matter how hard we try, or how much we slice into it, it's not going anywhere. It really does not need to be this way, and we should not let it! If we are in the Light, then we have the ability to cut through the fog, which is by having the Lord lift the fog altogether. Believe it or not, but that is one of the things that prove you are His children, your continued redemption and cleansing. That is something we get to experience first hand, because we live in the Light. As I have shared before, one of my favorite Scriptures is 1 John 1:9, which whether you know this or not, it was written for Believers only; in other words, if you're not a Believer, then it does not count for you; sorry! As a matter of fact, all three of John's Epistles are written for Believers; he is writing to the church, and his main theme is Love. I heard something, I believe it was yesterday, Pastor Mike said about those that are going to heaven, "They want to be in fellowship with God!" His question was, "What do you think heaven is going to be about? It's going to be about praising God! If you're not into praising God now, then you're not meant for heaven!" That's going to leave a mark! Seriously, if you don't enjoy fellowship with God and other believers now, then there is something wrong with you, and you're not fit for heaven. I look forward to visiting other Calvary Chapel fellowships whenever I am out of town, mostly because they almost all feel like home. It really does not matter where I am, as long as they are teaching the Scriptures, the fellowship is pretty much the same. It just so happens, most Calvary Chapels teach the Scriptures; and when I say teach the Scriptures, I mean that they teach one Book at a time; Book by Book, Line by Line, that's how I like to be taught. I am going on vacation in a couple weeks, and my first visit will be Calvary Chapel Reno -Sparks Nevada. I have been there before, but I haven't yet been there with my wife. We are heading out in the RV for a couple weeks, all by ourselves. The last time I took an extended trip was in 2010; which just so happens to be the year I started this Blog. I had my niece Laura with me then, and our trip was pretty much hurry up and get there. For three weeks we were trying to make up time, or trying to get somewhere, but never really enjoying anywhere. Not this time! This time I have only one thing planned, the first stop, Reno...
"This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts." (1 John 1:5-10) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment