Sunday, May 29, 2016

"Comfort One Another"

"Thy way is in the sea, and thy path in the great waters, and thy footsteps are not known." (Psalms 77:19) Do you feel comfort in knowing He could come back any time? Are you comfortable in your standing with God, or are you unsure where you stand? You look at this verse, thinking that you know the answer based upon your interpretation, but do you really? Oddly enough, there is comfort in not knowing the time of His coming, if you know He is coming for you; if there is some reason you don't, or if you have doubt, then you can get that corrected; but it's totally dependent upon you! In the custom of the traditional marriage, the bride never actually knew when the bride groom would actually appear; but that did not make her uneasy or uncomfortable, it made her the more anxious and ready. Every day that he delayed was one more day closer to the wedding day! All that the bride could think and say, is, "He is coming for me, any day!" And oddly enough, she looked at every new day as another day to get ready; to better prepare herself for her husband. I see this verse very plainly saying that we do not know how God operates, nor can we know; just as we cannot predict or know what is going to happen in the ocean based upon what we see happening on the surface of the water. We might see a swelling, but we don't know how big or how high the wave might be until the wave is formed; nor do we know what God is doing until He does it; and even then, we don't know the conclusion of what He has done... "You trampled the sea with your horses, and the mighty waters piled high. I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. (For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)" (Habakkuk 3:15-19) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment