Sunday, May 8, 2016

"Life and Death"

"I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with mine own heart: and my spirit made diligent search." (Psalms 77:6) Pardon my forwardness, but I just had to make the point that nothing else really matters anymore except following Jesus, even if that means dying for Him. I thought this Psalm was about "Comforting Thoughts" and I would be feeling some comfort; but it seems I am having some issues with matters of my own heart, and comfort is not that easy to come by this morning. I miss my son! Today is a day that I would normally be picking him up to have a Mother's Day dinner with us, but he's not here any more. I know in my heart that I will see him again, but I hate that we could not have shared more time together while he was still with us. You see, that's what I'm talking about! We need to be about loving one another, right now! We always make plans in our hearts and minds about doing things for one another, but plans don't really count if they are not carried out. I can't begin to tell you how special it feels to do something for someone, not because you're asked, but because you feel like doing it. You know, it's really a little bit of heaven, because you are storing up treasure that can never be taken away. Personally, I could care less about anything but taking care of my wife and making sure that she is kept comfortable; but when it comes to helping others, I always put others before myself; especially when it comes to material things and money. If I have something, it's really not mine, it belongs to the Lord; so if it's the Lord's, then who am I to say if it stays or goes? Besides, I can always count on the Lord to supply all of my needs. I may not get all that I want, but my needs have always been met. Alright, I lied a little; because if I really want something, I usually just go out and get it; even if I never really use it; besides, I will usually end up giving it away anyway. This is a very special day, because we all have a mother, and she needs to be remembered. Even if she is no longer with us, she needs to have a special place in our heart. If you still have your mother with you, make sure to express your love to her today. And by all means, if she needs something, make sure that you do your very best to give it to her, even if it will cost you something, it will be worth every little bit...
"My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. If you do this, you will have many years, and your life will be satisfying. Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation. Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil. Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones. Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine." (Proverbs 3:1-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment