Sunday, May 1, 2016

"Comforting Thoughts"

PSALMS 77 [To the chief Musician, to Jebuthun, A Psalm of Asaph.] "I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me." (Verse one)
I had to start exploring this Psalm with verse one being mentioned, mostly because it holds the message that gives hope to all who cry out to God: He hears us! That same God who made the heavens, as vast as they are, is able to hear us when we cry out to Him. For me, that is not just a hope, as if I am hoping it is true, that is a fact that I know is more true than life itself. This is not some kind of religion we are talking about; because if it were, it would be pointless and boring. This is about a relationship with the God who made me! He made everything, from the smallest particle to the biggest star, and yet He knows me, inside and out; He even knows my thoughts, my dreams, and the intentions of my heart. Imagine what you would feel like if you did not have that relationship any more; what would it feel like? I really can't imagine it, because it's impossible for it to happen! The way I see it, I would have a better chance of walking across the ocean then I would losing my relationship with God. I have been sealed in His mighty hand, and He is not letting go! Don't you think that is great news? God does not unfriend us; once you are His child, you're His child forever! Actually, you always were His child, you just did not known it until you accepted your rights to be His child. Once you said yes and were Born Again, you sealed a deal that could never be broken. I don't know about you, but that's real "Comforting Thoughts;" and yes, that is the title above this Psalm in my Bible; which just so happens to be a Spiros Zodhiates' version of the King James Bible. Not that you all know who that is, but I think I have shared this before, how I purchased one of his books, "Was Christ God?" and then ordered a dozen or more for others to read. In the book, which is primarily on the first 18 verses of the Gospel of John, he makes the undeniable proof come to life that Jesus was not only God, but that He was the Creator from the very beginning; the "Logos," which means not just the "Word," but the "Intelligence." As Spiros explains this in his book, John had must likely written his message beginning at what we have come to know as verse 19, which began, "This is the record," and the first eighteen verses were "authoritative statements which John gives concerning the person of Jesus Christ." In other words, the rest of the Gospel of John, from verse 1:19 all the way to verse 21:24, "gives illustrations to confirm these statements found here," in verses 1:1 to 1:18. John finishes his Gospel message with, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." (John 21:25) Try as you may, you really cannot deny the Truth: JESUS IS GOD...
"In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't recognize him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. But to all who believe him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn -not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God. So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son. John testified about him when he shouted to the crowds, "This is the one I was talking about when I said, 'Someone is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.'" From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another. For the law was given through Moses, but God's unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us." (John 1:1-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment