Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Glass Half Full"

"The water saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled." (Psalms 77:16) I would like to think that there is more to this than meets the eye; after all, it reminds me a lot like the Tower of Babel. If you are not familiar with what happen then, let me remind you that man actually thought that they could build a tower up to heaven. Imagine that, that somehow man thought they could reach the heights of God; what were they thinking? But God, in His superior wisdom and strength, saw their hearts; He saw that they were over-achieving, so He confused their languages and made it impossible to work together to get anything done. I see something similar in what we are trying to do today; it's almost as if man is trying to play God, trying to create something from almost nothing; it's actually almost like conjuring spells, or mixing up a little magic potions in order to recreate something, or create something new. Anywho; I guess I spend too much time on Drudge, and I am starting to get carried away by headlines. When it comes to our walk, that walk which is to be on the 'narrow path,' we need to be mindful of the 'Full Counsel of God.' In other words, we need to make sure that what we believe we are reading does not contradict something else that God has said in His word. I know this might be hard for some to believe, but there are lots of people out there who will try to make a movement based upon wrong interpretations of God's word. I like to think of it like this: If Christ Jesus is not the foundation, then it's not based upon the truth! Period. The entire Old Testament was telling of Jesus and God's redemption; even the law was showing our need to be redeemed. I know I might have mentioned this before, but it makes perfect sense, so I will repeat it again. It was something I heard Pastor Jon share about the Temple furnishings; that everything God instructed them to build, He gave measurement for, except for the "water basin" which was used for cleansing... "I have heard all about you, LORD. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy." (Habakkuk 3:2) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment