Saturday, May 14, 2016

"Caught!"

"And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High." (Psalms 77:10) Oh, I guess it is me after all! There is nothing wrong with God; He has not stopped loving, or caring, or doing, it's been my downfall all along! It's time for "A Polar Bear Alert" and for me to get busy not doubting and listening to lies, but to have faith and trust God! Is it really that simple? Sure it is; after all, it just takes seconds to change your heart and redirect your mind; it's called faith! The problem tends to be where your faith is directed and how sure you are of that direction. I can't begin to tell you all the examples there are in the Bible of people putting their faith in the wrong direction; and even those that did put their faith in God, many, if not all, were not 100% sure of the direction. I heard a teaching yesterday on the radio; I'm not even sure if it was CSN, because traveling does not often let me stay toned in; but it was about those that started strong and finished strong, and how Daniel was about the only one besides Jesus that did not waiver. Although, after hearing that statement, I quickly questioned the accuracy of it, since there was one time during the "Fiery Furnace" incident where Daniel was no where to be found; at least not among those that refused to bow down to the idol. My point is quite simple: If it's messed up, it's not God's fault, it's our own! If we are not seeing things the way that we should, then we need to either change the direction we are looking, or get a better set of glasses! Because it's not God that is doing anything wrong, it is our own doing. Matthew Henry uses a quote from a Psalm, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul?" as he shows our usual suspect to unbelief. In other words, What is wrong with me, I should not be shaken, I serve a Mighty God? We must put down these thoughts of unbelief and distrust in God; we must destroy any doubt by replacing it with truth and proof of God's commitment to us, never basing proof on our commitment to God. God does not change; we on the other hand can change in an instant... "Was it in anger, LORD, that you struck the rivers and parted the sea? Were you displeased with them? No, you were sending your chariots of salvation! You brandished your bow and your quiver of arrows. You split open the earth with flowing rivers. The mountains watched and trembled. Onward swept the raging waters. The mighty deep cried out, lifting its hands to the LORD. The sun and the moon stood still in the sky as your brilliant arrows flew and your glittering spear flashed. You marched across the land in anger and trampled the nations in your fury. You went out to rescue your chosen people, to save your anointed ones. You crushed the heads of the wicked and stripped their bones from head to toe. With his own weapons, you destroyed the chief of those who rushed out like a whirlwind, thinking Israel would be easy prey. You trampled the sea with your horses, and the mighty waters piled high. I trembled inside when I heard this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights." (Habakkuk 3:8-19) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment