Saturday, May 7, 2016

"The Circle of Life"

"I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times." (Psalms 77:5) I hope you understood that message yesterday, because it was all about choice; just like Jesus said to Thomas, "Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!" Do thou think that sounded like a suggestion? No, it's a requirement! There are only two choices that we have been given, to believe or not believe. There really is nothing in between those two directions; your either believing and trusting, or your doubting and alone. What is doubt but not believing? Because some people might think that it's like believing with caution or with reservation, saying something like, "I am really not not believing, I just have some doubts I'm working on." The former Democratic Speaker of the House, speaking of the Affordable Heath Care Act, said, "We need to pass the Bill to know what's in the Bill," or some stupid nonsense like that; but even though that does not count for passing costly legislation, it does count for believing in Jesus Christ! You must believe in Him to remove all doubt! It is really all about making the choice to believe in Him with all your heart. And if your mind wants to throw up some doubt, then you must take a stand, and you must destroy those thoughts immediately! Don't even consider entertaining thoughts that go against what you believe in your heart, because they can take root. No, the devil can't read your mind, but he can observe your character and your timidness when it comes to your belief; and if he sees that your faith is weak, then he will play his cards accordingly. Just as easy as it is to go from feeling grief to being filled with joy, so is it to go from doubt to faithfully believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, because it's always a choice. But, you might be saying, "I once had joy, but now I have nothing but grief." What is the difference between that and saying, "I once believed, but now I have doubt?" Don't say that there is, because each one is connected. If you believe with all of your heart in the Risen Lord, Jesus Christ, then you are going to have the joy which comes with that belief; which is a lot like love, because if you love God, then you will naturally love your brothers and sisters...
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don't be ashamed of me, either, even though I'm in prison for him. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News. For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from the beginning of time -to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior. He broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News. And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News. That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return." (2 Timothy 1:7-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment