Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Upon His" -Too

"That Thy beloved may be delivered; save with Thy right hand, and hear me." (Psalms 60:5) There is a war going on for your soul; it's not a warfare against your heath and well being, although that is what we are mostly focused upon, and where we tend to place the battlefield. It is really easy for us to misplace the area that must be protected, which is the area of our eternal destination, and to focus upon the here and now; I have seen way more tragedies than I care to remember, all because the battlefield is misplaced, and the enemy rages on in the arena that matters the most. Obviously we cannot see all of the spiritual warfare that is going on around us, but if we pray hard enough, we can see how it plays out in the things we can see. The point I believe that Paul was making in Romans 8:38-39, was not about how any of those things can separate us from God's love, which is pretty much true; it was more about the fact that God's love is far more important and unending that anything in all of creation. Therefore, if you were going to take any sort of vantage point to focus your attention, it should be God's love; in other words, if you need to place your attention to anything, then place it upon His love, and you can never go wrong by focusing on the wrong area of the battle. That might sound a little over simplified, and maybe even come off as missing some sort of solution for whatever you might be going through; but I assure you, if you put off concerning yourself with the physical side of what ever it is, and you just focus upon His love for you, your solution will be no longer the thing you are really caring about, it will only be about God's love...
"But as for you, Israel my servant, Jacob my chosen one, descended from Abraham my friend, I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, 'You are my servant.' For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand." (Isaiah 41:8-10) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment