Thursday, April 2, 2015

"Forget-me-not"

"Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by Thy power; and bring them down, O LORD our shield." (Psalms 59:11) I think we sometimes loose the awe and wonder of cross; not that we do not remember that He changed us, but that we don't remember how He transformed us! The writer, or writers, of Hebrews were transformed, and they wanted to make that transformation abundantly clear; like the huge difference between Sinai and Zion, so is the power in the transformation of our lives. No longer are we scared little creatures, fearing the wrath of a Holy God; but we are now faithful children, secure in the arms of a Loving God! Who changed, us or God? That's a rhetorical question, because God never changes. We not only changed, we were relocated; my mailing address is now a PO Box in heaven, because this place is no longer my home. Do you know that to be the case in your life? I don't know if I remember it as much as I should; no, in fact, I honestly seldom think about it the way that I just expressed it; it's more like, I think about one day being in heaven, but I have not yet been made a citizen of heaven. That my dear friends is what we would call stinkin-thinkin, because we have not only been made citizens, but our presence in heaven is more secure than our presence here; if we could just accept it that way, then we might not hurt so much. One thing is for sure, we would not hurt each other so much! But seriously, are we still afraid? and if so, why? What are we afraid of? or what makes us fearful of anything in this life? Honestly, I am not quite sure how this all ties into anything...
"Because God's children are human beings - made of flesh and blood - the Son also because flesh and blood. For only as a human being could He die, and only by dying could He break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could He set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying." (Hebrews 2:14-15) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment