Thursday, April 30, 2015

"Made Perfect"

"For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy." (Psalms 61:3) I thought I might join these two verses together, but. You know, something that struck me as odd, is that I guess without Christ, I am up that creek, and I have no real hope at all! I look at my ability to follow God's commands, just the two that instruct me to love, and I get so overwhelmed by guilt and shame, that it actually hurts my heart to even think about it. When I read Deuteronomy 11:22, which says, "Be careful to obey all these commands I am giving you. Show love to the LORD your God by walking in His ways and holding tightly to Him"(NLT); there is absolutely nothing I can say, except that I have been anything but careful; carefree may better describe it, and not in a good way. The point that Moses was making to Israel was in regards to, letting the people that currently possessed the land in which they were getting ready to enter, to influence them in any way, or to cause them to worship their idols. Let's get something straight, it did not go so well for Israel when it came to abiding by those commands; they might have started strong, but things got terribly ugly; especially the part about "Show love to the LORD your God". You see, God's plan for our redemption is not based upon our ability to "obey all these commands"; if it were, we would all have nothing to cling to! If you get right down to it, the real enemy is sin; it just so happens that we are all sinners; sinners that are not sinners because they sin, but we sin because we are sinners! Only Jesus Christ can claim that He had no sin; and only Jesus is the way of God's redemption of the sinner that I am; this stupid sinner that just keeps on sinning! Here's my point: I know that I am a sinner, and I know that I am going to disappoint God; almost every day, I have to shake my head at myself over the stupid things that I find myself doing or saying; so as far as having some kind of perfect track record on being holy, there really isn't anything there to brag about. So what about the part about "Or Else"? Come on; don't tell me you have not heard about the love of God for His people; those stiff necked people that could never show God the love that He deserved...
"But you are My witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "You are My servant. You have been chosen to know Me, believe in Me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God - there never has been, and there never will be. I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. First I predicted your rescue, then I saved you and proclaimed it to the world. No foreign god has ever done this. You are My witnesses that I am the only God," says the LORD. "From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of My hand. No one can undo what I have done." (Isaiah 43:10-13) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment