Tuesday, April 21, 2015

"Take Him at His Word"

"Who will bring me into the strong city? Who will lead me into Edom?" (Psalms 60:9) I can not help but think of all the times that I have doubted God in times of need; as if, just because I could not see the solution to my problem, that somehow meant that God could not answer, or was not listening. Somehow God always did come through! Thinking back, it is hard to remember what was so impossible for me to understand, and why it seemed so difficult to just trust God for the help I needed. Most people would probably have given up by now, thinking that God can still perform a miracle in a situation that has been going on for almost twelve years; but I am still holding on; I am still believing that God is able to do whatever God wants to do. He can! I know that, and I believe it with all of my heart! There is really nothing much that matters more to me than to have my wife healed, and to be able to share special moments with her. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy time with her now; it's just that, it sure would be nice to get a response or word of encouragement from the one that I love. Enough of that, let me tell you what God can do for you. God can give you peace in every single circumstance and in every trial, if you will just take Him at His word; as simple as that might sound, it is not something that comes automatically; you must almost force yourself to listen and wait upon the Lord. It is a little like going on a long journey to a special place, where you are so excited to get there, that you can't really enjoy where you are, or what you are going through, because you are so focused on getting to where you want to go. Yet, God would have us to enjoy the journey; using the time of, between where we are and where we would like to be, as a time of rest, not as a time of apprehension or wanting; which is only possible with the peace that God gives you through trusting in Him. But you might say, I don't feel the peace you are speaking of; to which, I would say, Then try harder to trust God with all of your heart, and take Him at His word... "You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; they will be an everlasting sign of His power and love." (Isaiah 55:12-13) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment