Thursday, April 23, 2015

"No Matter What!" -2

"Wilt not Thou, O God, which hadst cast us off? and Thou, O God, which didst not go out with our armies?" (Psalms 60:10) Sometimes God just says no. As hard as it might be for us to understand why, sometimes God has something else in mind than what we want. But yesterday God reminded me of something very very important, which is that He is in control! It's not my will or wants that count, it's His; He ultimately knows what's best, so we should not try to force His hand on anything; as if we even could! I can think of a few instances in the Bible where it might appear that God's hand was forced, but don't think for a moment that it was; God always knows what's going to happen next, He just wants us to see what happens with the bad choices that we make. But, as bad as things turn out, God can still use them, and He does, to bring glory to Himself! One such instance was Israel's choice to have a king rule over them, which God allowed, even though He let them know how much that would cost them; but look how He used that bad choice for His glory. King Hezekiah is another, yet Manasseh is listed in the genealogy of Jesus Christ; which is quite fitting, because he is surrounded by other sinners, he just happened to be the worse. Yesterday I heard a message, I believe it was Pastor Jack, saying, "There are a thousand steps to get into heaven, and God has performed nine hundred and ninety-nine of them, leaving us just one: to believe!" Then later on in the day, I heard Pastor Matt confirm that, saying, "It really is all about what God has done, and it is not about what I can do; there is absolutely no way that I can ever do anything to earn my way into heaven!" You don't think that God does not know that! One stupid little thing, that's all that it was, one stupid sin, and death followed after it for all of mankind! Now let me ask you, What is the most important thing that matters more than anything else? Wilt Not Thou, O God, Take My Place?
"Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink - even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk - it's all free! Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen to Me, and you will eat what is good. You will enjoy the finest food. Come to Me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David. See how I used him to display My power among the peoples. I made him a leader among the nations. You also will command nations you do not know, and peoples unknown to you will come running and obey, because I, the LORD your God, have made you glorious." (Isaiah 55:1-5) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment