Thursday, April 16, 2015

"His Touch" -2

"Thou hast given a banner to them that fear Thee, that it may be displayed because of the Truth. Selah" (Psalms 60:4) That word "Selah" means to pause and think about what is being said; I thought maybe I might aught to try that, seeing how three messages I heard yesterday confirmed what God was speaking into my heart. Jon Courson, Ed Young and J Vernon McGee all were speaking about the same thing, which was how the world will make you privatize your faith, or be tolerant to others beliefs; as if it really does not matter what you believe, as long as you believe in something and don't try and push your belief on anyone else. Why do you think the followers of Jesus were all put to death; all except John, but it was not like they did not try. They were all put to death because they believed in the Truth of God! They knew the Truth, and they died for the Truth; if it was not the Truth, would they have died for it? Would you die for a lie? Beyond that, we know that He is real because He has revealed Himself to us; so others can think what they will, but those that have received His Spirit, they know with all "Certainty" that there is absolutely no other name but Jesus that will assure that we have eternal life in heaven, none whatsoever! People don't like to hear us say that, but it is the Truth! And how do I know with all "Certainty" that what I believe is the "Truth", because of His Touch upon my life: that it was not something I had to work at making a change in me; I asked Him to come into my life, and He instantly changed me! You can't make it any plainer than that...
"We proclaim to you the One who existed from the beginning, whom we have heard and seen. We saw Him with our own eyes and touched Him with our own hands. He is the Word of life. This One who is life itself was revealed to us, and we have seen Him. And now we testify and proclaim to you that He is the One who is eternal life. He was with the Father, and then He was revealed to us. We proclaim to you what we ourselves have actually seen and heard so that you may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ. We are writing these things so that you may fully share our joy." (1 John 1:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment