Monday, April 20, 2015

"Try To Understand"

"Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver; Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe: Philistia, triumph thou because of me." (Psalms 60:7-8) The basic difference between what I can try to figure out and what God already knows is a lot like the following saying that I heard yesterday: "Man can count the number of seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed." I thought that statement pretty much summed it up as to the mass difference between our capacity to know anything close to what God knows; all that we can ever see is what we have available to work with, but God sees the work that is done through anything that we do. That work we do might also include the trials which God puts before us; it's not just about doing ministry work that brings people to Christ, it's also about living a life that gives others hope. You might not even think that your life is that important, especially compared to those that are obviously winning souls to Christ; but God uses the simple things of this world to produce great results, far greater results than we could ever imagine. In God's economy of worth, it's all about giving the glory to Him, because it is Him that holds all things together. As simple of a statement that might seem, it requires the heart of a servant to understand that it is so; not just to say it, but to believe it, and to live by it. In other words, you have got to see how little that you know, and then trust God with all that you cannot see...
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts", says the LORD. "And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts. The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same for My word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it." (Isaiah 55:8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment