Friday, April 10, 2015

"For Today!" -2

"Unto Thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defense, and the God of my mercy." (Psalms 59:17) I know that it might not appear some days as though God is working, but even the bad days are days that bring about His purposes into our lives. You know that old saying, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life", well it is really kind of true for those that wake up everyday asking God for forgiveness and wanting to love as God commands us to love. Yesterday I heard a message about love and patience, and how David really did show patience towards Saul; twenty seven times Saul tried to kill David, yet David did not set out to kill Saul, even when he had the opportunity to do so, he still was waiting upon God; and he still somehow found it in his heart to love Saul, that blows my mind! To that point I made yesterday about our will to love, we really do need to want it; it's never going to happen if we don't want it to happen; just like that sin you keep holding onto is not going to go away until you don't want it anymore, you have got to want God to change you! He is waiting, and He wants to help!!! Forget about all those other laws and commands, just focus on the two that matter, loving God and loving others; if we can just want to keep those two, then all the others will be satisfied; but we have got to want it more than life itself; it needs to be the number one thing that we think about, love! God, please show me how to love like You love! We will never reach the level of love that God has for us, but that does not mean we do not try, because who can honestly say, "I love God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength"? I know that has not been a reality in my life; how about yours? And yet, God will never ask us to do anything that we are not able to do, with His help! That is the key to all that we need, God's help! He has never asked us to do it on our own...
"Now may the God of peace - who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with His blood - may He equip you with all that you need for doing His will. May He produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to Him. All glory to Him forever and ever! Amen." (Hebrews 13:20-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment