Thursday, November 1, 2012

"The Acknowledgement" -2

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God."  (Psalms 20:7) Dreams are sometimes the strangest things; I wake up some of these nights wondering, What the heck was that??? Last night was no exception, as I dreamt this silly dream about coming home from work to find that all of our most cherished possessions had been taken, the most important one being the Jeep Grand Cherokee that belonged to my wife. She did once own one, and loved it very much; she also once could drive one, but that was over nine years ago. One by one, everything that was taken was explained away, starting with the car; which was taken because there was video surveillance of my wife driving the car while laying back in the driver's seat, and clapping her hands while singing merry songs. As we studied the video, I noticed that her mother was seated behind her, and what appeared to be our niece was in the passenger seat; all of whom were singing and clapping; with the image of our niece darting in and out of frame, as she swayed back and forth in her seat. Now, I am not the greatest at interpreting dreams; the Lord knows how much time I have spent trying, but not to much achievement; I have even went back to sleep many times to try and see how the dreams turn out. But one thing that I felt God might have been showing me, if this dream was from Him, is that nothing that we have been given is permanent, except for our salvation; and everything that we have which is temporary is to be used for His glory or as if it is His to begin with, while at the same time we should using it wisely and lawfully. In other words; what God has given us, time included, are all things that we are accountable for and that we will give an answer for in misusing them; that includes loved ones that God has entrusted to our care. Wow; all of the sudden I feel broken and ashamed; as though I have not loved enough, and have let anger control my emotions way more than I ever should have. You know that David had chariots and horses; most likely there were more than they could count; but it is not a matter of not having them, or even being able to use them for battle and war; but the acknowledgement of from where they came, what they are for, and that the One who provided them is far more strong than they could ever be... "My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: for length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: so shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine." (Proverbs 3:1-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment