Monday, November 5, 2012

"The Actualization"

"Save, LORD: let the king hear us when we call." (Psalms 20:9) There are three ways to look at this last verse in relation to all that has been shown within the Psalm, and they all involve something called prayer. We must never underestimate the power that prayer has in bring about victory in our lives! Yes, I do believe that God answers prayer; but more than that, I believe that He hears our prayer when we cry out to Him; His answer may not be the one that we are looking for, or in the moment that we want it to happen; but nonetheless, He answers it because He said that He would! The first way of looking at the verse of this prayer, is to interpret it's meaning to be that of asking God to not only save and bless the king, but that God would make the king a blessing unto them. In other words, that by virtue of the king being bless by God, he would in turn hear the cries of the people, and bless them in kind. The second way we can look at this verse is by ascribing it's meaning to the Messiah, the King of Kings as He is the one who makes intersession for us before the Father. We have a voice in the midst of the Holiness of God, which is Christ Jesus our advocate before the Father; this He has promised to do for us, and He has paid the price to be that voice of justification before the throne of God. And it goes much further the Jesus making intersession for our sin, for He has said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye ask anything in my name, I will do it." (John 14:12-14) And the final way in which we can look at this verse, is that of a summary of the entire Psalm; that which is a prayer for victory in the life of the king, and that the king would realize that he is being prayer for, and know that God not only listens, but that He answers our prayers... Lord, I pray for the upcoming election here in my country. I pray the your will be done in this land, as it is in heaven; and that those you allow to be placed in office will give glory to your name, and that they will cause the hearts of the people to turn to you. May you be glorified, Dear God; and may righteousness and truth shine at the end of the day. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment