Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"The Acknowledgement"

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God."  (Psalms 20:7)  Whether you know it or not, God is the one who is in control! But, you might say, Then why do so many bad things happen? First of all, this world is broken; since the fall of man, this has been a fallen world; a world where even the elements of the earth have turned against man, and have added to the curse of death that was caused by the sin of disobedience in the Garden. It is easy to see the bad things that are happening all over the world, and then consider that God has stepped away and has removed His hand of love from off the face of this earth; however, this is not the earth that God had created, nor is it the one which will be seen in the end. What does it take for us to put all of our trust in God? I know; some of you are thinking, What is he talking about? I always put my trust in God! Good for you! I am proud of your firm belief in yourself, and your ability to rise above all of us that are not like you and Enoch; but truth be told, we all have something in common when it comes to falling short in this area of trusting God in all things. Sure, we will trust Him in the common things, or those things which we know are beyond any control of our own; but when it comes to trusting God in everything, there is one little problem that we keep running into, time and time again: our flesh! This stinking flesh just keeps getting caught up in the things of this world; and no matter how hard we try, we keep finding ourselves in a place where we are being dependent upon the things of this world, instead of remembering the name of the LORD our God! Maybe it might take a Job experience to get us to take our eyes off of the things of this world which we count on for strength; those things that we hold ever so tightly, as if the very God that we trust in has given them for us to depend upon. That what we have, we have because God has provided it for our protection and our livelihood, and we only feel threatened when those things are threatened. I am here as long as God wants me to be here, yet I have asked that God allow me to be here as long as my wife needs me to care for her; beyond that, I have no other desire to stick around; except maybe to go snowboarding! (Just a few more weeks!!!) "But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead." (Philippians 3:7-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment