Monday, October 15, 2012

"Our Humility"

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my Redeemer." (Psalms 19:14) The first thing that I was thinking of for a title of today's post was, "Our Communication"; and then, this morning as I thought again, I was going to title it, "Our Approach"; but after thinking about this weekend and all that I learned about, I decided that "Our Humility" was the one best suited for the task at hand. I am one that puts a lot of thought into a Title; maybe even more than I actually put into the content, at least it is that way some days. I have to think that life is a lot the same way, and many of life's Titles are more reverenced than the actual content that goes along with it. Take the title of 'Christian' for instance; many there are who use that title as a badge of honour, yet fail to honour all that goes with the claim of wearing it. Take a simple thing, like reading our instruction manual on a regular basis; if this book that God has given us is meant to instruct our lives, then shouldn't It be used as such in the course of our daily life? If your Bible is sitting on a bookshelf somewhere in your home, instead of being at hand for you to use in a moments notice, then how much credit have you given to It's value for the direction of your life? I was very convicted by that very thing this weekend, as I thought how often I fail to take my Bible with me as I set out upon my day. Fortunately, I do have a Bible app on my phone, so I am not a total idiot; but to have something that I can be prepared to share as the Words of God, I think should be presented in a form that can be handled and touched; which an image on a 3" screen just does not replace. There is only one thing that we have available to use to defeat the enemy's attacks and to combat the power's of darkness that are always present around us, and that is the Word of God; for it is only the Word of God that the devil has no defense against, and he cannot argue with the Truth that is contained in the whole of what It says. He might be able to use a verse to persuade us that he has some power, but in the context of what he says, the actual Word of God does not agree with anything that he represents. Therefore, I have been reminded of something that I was made very much aware of when I first became a Christian: the Bible that we have been given is alive, and is the very Words of God; given from our Father as a letter of His love for us, and as an instruction manual for each and every thing that can ever present it's self in our lives! There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that we can ever need an answer about our life that is not contained within written Word of God... "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom; preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 3:16-4:4) 

No comments:

Post a Comment