Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"God's Holy Word" -3

"More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb." (Psalms 19:10) Sometimes we really fail to ask for directions; such a simple thing that it is to do, yet we don't take the time to stop and ask God to show us the way. He has given us an instruction manual, and yet we try over and over to put the pieces together on our own. I know that you have most likely heard these two examples before; but don't you think that they have a lot of truth in them? How many times have we not asked Him for directions and ended up at a dead end? How many times have we tried to put broken pieces of our life back together without reading His instruction manual, only to find out we left out a very important part, and what we thought we fixed does not work? What is more to be desired than gold and sweeter than honey? It is His ordinances and His law! Do we think that we know better what is good for our own lives than God? I think sometimes we do, although without saying so, we practice at making things work without asking Him for any assistance at all; we just ask Him for things to happen, and then try to make them happen on our own; when really, maybe that thing we asked for was not even meant to be. Am I saying that every answer that we need is found within God's Word? Yes, I do believe that it is so; if we truly believe that every word is true and meant for us, then yes, we will find the answer for every need in our life; all of our wants, that might be another matter all together; but for every need, God has given us an answer within His Holy Word. As a matter of fact; I believe that God will speak to the difference between those wants and those needs; because, I have found that the wants show up as words of discouragement, where we are reading for answers and then find a passage that speaks against what we want. Does that mean we take that to heart? Sad to say, most of us will probably not, but will somehow manipulate the message given into something that is meant for someone else, or ignore it's meaning altogether. Please don't think that I am just making accusations, because these things I know from my own experiences; and I know I am not alone; if I were, then I would surely be one unique individual. However, I know that I am not, because these things that I am talking about are written within His Word; many of which are written in Proverbs, seeing that the Preacher that wrote them was someone who had practiced many of them himself... "My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: for length of day, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." (Proverbs 3:1-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment