Friday, October 19, 2012

"Are We Listening?"

"Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath He made mention of my name. And He hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of His hand hath He hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in His quiver hath He hid me; and said unto me, Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified." (Isaiah 49:1-3) Before moving on into Psalms Twenty, I felt led by the Lord to talk about us listening to what He is speaking into our hearts. I know that might sound like something that really does not need mentioning, because we all try and listen for His voice to guide and direct our lives; at least we should be doing that; but this has to do with something altogether different, and is more about listening to the call upon our lives. Each and every one of us have been called into a special purpose for His glory, and each and every one of us have a particular gift that He has given for us to be used for His express purpose in this world. It's true; you are special! And you have been fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalms 139:14); which means that we are all distinguished and set apart for amazement and to cause astonishment. I have got to get back to praying earnestly for those that are in my life; not just for their livelihood, but for their gifts to be revealed and flourish to the utmost of their abilities. Preparing for starting Psalms Twenty has made me realize how important it is for us to pray for one another, and to ask for pray in my own life; that I might be used as God would have be used, and as He has intended for me to be used from my mother's womb. As called as the apostle Paul was to his ministry, he still asked for prayer in delivering the gospel message, and in pressing forward to fight the good fight. We must not forsake the prayers of those around us, or even of those that might be placed below us in stature; for, as we shall see, even a mighty warrior, preacher and king such as David pleaded for the prayers of those that were under him. I know that I have said this before, and have repeated it over and over; but we are living in a very special day and time; a time of awakening and calling fourth of those that will take part in the preparation for the soon return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Are we listening? Because He has spoken into each and every one of us His plan for our lives! It's in your DNA to be that which God has made you to be; and you are so very special at what it is that you were called to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment