Thursday, December 15, 2011

"His Gift"

"And of some have compassion, making a difference: and others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." (Jude 22 & 23) As I was praying this morning, I again made the mistake of resting in bed while I prayed; not really the best way to wake up. The most important thing for us to remember at this time of the year, is what this thing called Christmas is all about. It's not about Santa, or Reindeer, or little elves with pointy ears; it's about the Gift that was given to us! As Adam started his comment, I was so pleased to see his excitement over the wonderful gift of our Lord Jesus Christ; but that excitement only lasted but a second, because, no sooner had I finished reading the introduction, was I made disappointed by his assertion that Jesus was not the creator. As I tried to illustrate yesterday in our Lord's prayer to the Father, He, being Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour gives eternal life!!! Now why would anyone want to challenge the very one who gives eternal life? He, also being Jesus Christ was given power over all flesh; which specifically means All Living Flesh, being that He came in the flesh. There is something that people like Adam need to understand about who Jesus was; because between the time that He lay in the manger, to His death on the cross, He was a man who walked the earth; however, His frailty was only governed by the flesh in which He dwelt. I can't wait to see what our new bodies will look like in heaven! Glorified bodies that they will be! And as I think of how they will look, I can only wonder if they will in one way or another be made of flesh? One thing for sure: they will no longer be spotted by sin!!! And, they will no longer be subject to decay or death! Now, who do you think will make us these New Bodies???

No comments:

Post a Comment