Monday, December 26, 2011

"The True Light" -2

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14) A good indicator of what changes a man from the state of darkness to Light, is the absolute power of God! As spoken so absolute to Mary by the angel Gabriel, saying, "For with God nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:37) If anyone should know, then Gabriel was one that had firsthand knowledge. I would like to think that I hold out for God to perform a miracle in my own life by healing my wife; and the day of the year which makes the most impact upon my disappointment is Christmas. Not just that I hope more on that day, because I do; but because that day is special for my wife and I, and was always a day that we loved to celebrate together as a magical day of Light. Bygones be bygones, on that day everyone was forgiven (if not just for that day), and everyone was given some sort of expression of the Love of God. I was so disappointed last night as I went to sleep, that I thought I would title today's blog "The Day After", and then speak about something which expressed how I hoped I would feel in the morning. However, as I started to type the title, God took over, saying, Not So Fast! And I realized something that is so vitally important to my life in Christ, which is that I have no reason to ever be disappointed with God! I might think that I have one when there is time for disappointment to take place, but who am I to tell God what to do, and then act as if He did not listen and do what I asked Him to do. Maybe you don't see it that way, because me asking for something, is not really like I told God to do it; right? Well, in my heart I was counting on it to happen, which is much the same as telling God to do it; because when He did not, then I was disappointed. On the other hand; His grace should be so special to my very world, which includes my circumstances and that of my wife, that disappointment is never even imagined in my heart or mind. As John so powerfully wrote, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth", to express the power of God's redemption, and how nothing that God does should be looked upon with disappointment. Jesus coming as "the only begotten of the Father" is the perfect example of God's 'one of a kind' way of doing things; in that Jesus was 'One of a Kind' in both who He was and how He was manifested among us. And yet, His suffering was God's plan for our redemption! Let me ask you something: Did Jesus get disappointed when the Father did not answer His prayer in the garden? or did He accept what was meant to be as the only true way? If you think about it, we tell God to do things more often than we might realize. But Truth, is something that goes far beyond what we think should or shouldn't be, because we see things with eyes that are clouded by this world, and the cares of this world; although some might deny that this is so in their life, till it becomes reality for them. Jesus was far greater at seeing the truth than anyone, yet He glimpsed at the cross being taken from before Him, if not just for a moment; and then realizing that it was the only way; thereby eliminating even a hint of disappointment to come, as He was nailed upon it... "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless, not my will be done, but thine, be done." (Luke 22:42)

No comments:

Post a Comment